- To be established as a non-profit domestic corporation to be organized exclusively for educational and conservation purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c) (3), including for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Sect. 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of the any future federal tax code.
- To preserve, protect and enhance to it's fullest potential the fresh and salt water fisheries for present and future generations of fly fishers.
- To publicize the best practices and techniques of fly fishing, fly tying, casting and other related subjects.
- To promote fly fishing as a most enjoyable and sporting method of fishing and the method most consistent with the preservation, conservation - wise use - of our fishing waters and game fish.
- To provide assistance, advice and suggestions to other angling groups to help them become more important and effective in their areas.
- To be a voice for organized fly fishing maintaining liaison with other conservation and sporting organizations and with the governmental agencies involved in the many aspects of our sport.
By exploring our website, you will learn about the many ways that DRiFT is passionately involved in conservation, preservation and education through fly fishing. These initiatives derive directly from our organization's bylaws.